Skip to main content

Friday The 13th July 2012 Was A "Less Than Lucky" Day For Maitre Marc-André Coulombe Of Stikeman Elliott And The Unitarian Universalist Association

As per today's Toronto Star article about Friggatriskaidekaphobia, Friday the 13th is considered to be a particularly unlucky day in Western culture. It would seem that Friday the 13th of July 2012 was not a particularly lucky day in the U*U World either. . .

As the following email string should make clear -


Freya's Day aka Friday July 13, 2012 

Dear Maitre Coulombe,

It is now over three weeks since I sent you the email copied below (dated Woden's Day aka Wednesday June 20, 2012), and about a month and a half since you sent me your initial cease and desist demand letter on behalf of your client, the Unitarian Universalist Association, by email on Friday June 1, 2012, (dated May 29, 2012). You have not responded to a single follow-up email that I subsequently sent to you in response to your rather questionable cease and desist demand letter since your second letter to me dated June 5, 2012, in which you acknowledged receipt of my initial emails to you but refused to cooperate with my free and responsible search for the Truth and meaning (or lack thereof. . .) of your initial demand letter, and went so far as to make several additional unsupported allegations and/or accusations that were not mentioned in your first demand letter to me. You have so far failed to provide the slightest scrap of evidence in support of you and your client's highly questionable allegations to the effect that I have made "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", and/or that such allegedly "unfounded and vicious allegations" made against certain unidentified Unitarian Universalist ministers are actually defamatory to the extent that they constitute the criminal act of blasphemous libel (Criminal Code R.S.C. 1985, c. C.46.1). 

I made it very clear to you almost a month ago, in my email dated Friday June 15, 2012, that, unless you and/or your client the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations provided some credible evidence supporting these highly questionable accusations against me, you must both formally and rapidly withdraw them, and officially, adequately, and publicly apologize to me for bringing such deeply insulting and, I believe, defamatory accusations against me. Neither you, nor your client, has provided the slightest scrap of evidence in support of the above mentioned accusations against me, nor have you provided any evidence supporting any of your various other allegations and accusations that were made in your first and second letters to me. Regardless of what (little) merit some of your client's other allegations may have I am confident that I have not in fact posted any "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape." I am also very confident that even if I had actually made such allegedly "unfounded and vicious allegations" against one or more Unitarian Universalist ministers that such allegations would NOT be "defamatory to the extent that they constitute the criminal act of blasphemous libel (Criminal Code R.S.C. 1985, c. C.46.1)" as you arrogantly pretended in your initial aggressively worded cease and desist demand letter dated May 29, 2012. 

You and your client have both failed, or indeed refused, to responsibly withdraw these unfounded and foolish allegations against me, nor have you properly apologize to me for making these false accusations against me, in a timely and public manner as I demanded. As a result of your apparent refusal to responsibly apologize to me I will be taking a variety of actions to ensure that you and your client face some accountability for: -

A) bringing highly misleading or outright false allegations and/or accusations against me 

and 

B) refusing to apologize to me for bringing these questionable, or indeed just plain false. . . accusations against me. 

These actions include, but are not limited to, exercising my Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guaranteed civil rights and liberties to engage in peaceful public protest against the quite shameful, and remarkably hypocritical, legal intimidation and legal bullying that I have reasonable grounds to believe you and your client are both guilty of, in front of the downtown Montreal offices of Stikeman Elliott. Thank you so much for so thoughtlessly providing a prominent high-traffic downtown Montréal location where I may continue to engage in my "alternative spiritual practice" aka "prophetic work" of publicly exposing and denouncing Unitarian Universalist anti-religious intolerance and bigotry, all forms of UU clergy misconduct (and UUA complicity therein), and various other Unitarian Universalist injustices, abuses, and hypocrisies.

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Robin Edgar
To: Marc- André Coulombe
Cc: "president@uua.org" ; Kathleen Montgomery
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:06:41 AM
Subject: Fw: A Few More Questions Re: Unitarian Universalist Association and al. vs. Yourself

Woden's Day aka Wednesday June 20, 2012

Dear Maitre Coulombe,

Without Prejudice & Happy Summer Solstice!

After thoroughly scouring my email inbox and SPAM folder I find myself quite unable to find an email from you and/or your client the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations aka The U*U Movement aka The Tiny, Declining Fringe Religion responding to the email aka "electronic communication" that I sent to you on Freya's Day aka Frigg Day aka Friday June 15, 2012.

Hopefully you and the pertinent "less than responsive" administrators of your "less than perfect" client "the Association" freely and responsibly check your email SPAM folders from time to time to see if there might be an important email that got shunted into your SPAM folder by accident or indeed intentionally. I will be telephoning you and some UUA administrators like UUA President Peter Morales and/or UUA Executive Vice President Kathleen "'Kay" Montgomery later today to ensure that you and/or these U*U Movement staff*administrators did in fact receive my email that was sent to you*them on the morning of Freya's Day June 15, 2012, not to mention my previous email (also copied below) which was sent to you and you alone on Moon Day aka Monday June 11, 2012. 

I dropped by the Montréal offices of Stikeman Elliott LLP Barristers & Solicitors on the afternoon of Monday to see if it was possible to collect the "hard copy" of the second letter that you sent to me as a PDF file attached to your second and, to date, last "electronic communication" to me but it was not available at the reception desk and your "adjointe" was apparently too busy with other important matters to find it and bring it to me while I was waiting in the expansive, not to mention apparently quite expensive, lobby of Stikeman Elliott LLP's Montréal offices. Please take steps to ensure that I may retrieve the hard copy of your second letter to me in the coming days. 

That is all for now but I will leave you and your client "the Association" with the following word of warning aka "threatening statement" from our sponsor -

"Talk no more so very proudly; Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the Lord is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed."

Samuel 1 2:3

DO GOVERN YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY

Robin Edgar

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Robin Edgar
To: "macoulombe@stikeman.com"
Cc: "president@uua.org" ; "administration@uua.org" ; "kmontgomery@uua.org"
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 8:23:53 AM
Subject: Re: A Few More Questions Re: Unitarian Universalist Association and al. vs. Yourself

Friday aka Freya's Day aka Frigg Day June 15, 2012

Without Prejudice

Dear Maitre Coulombe,
It is now the better part of a full work week since I sent you the email (or what some U*Us would call an "electronic communication") copied immediately below and dated Monday June 11, 2012, 11:00:25 AM. You have so far neglected, or indeed refused. . . to respond to it in any manner whatsoever. If you and/or your client the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations find yourselves unready, unwilling, or indeed just plain unable. . . to provide some credible evidence supporting the Association's rather questionable aka "less than credible" accusation to the effect that I am guilty of making "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape", and/or that such allegedly "unfounded and vicious allegations" made against "less than perfect" Unitarian Universalist ministers are actually defamatory to the extent that they constitute the criminal act of blasphemous libel (Criminal Code R.S.C. 1985, c. C.46.1), I hereby demand that you and your client must formally and rapidly withdraw these accusations against me, and officially, adequately, and publicly apologize to me for bringing such deeply insulting and AFA*I*AC quite defamatory accusations against me. In fact, you can inform your client that I am hereby formally demanding that an official UUA apology for bringing this highly questionable accusation against me must be delivered publicly in front of a few thousand UUA delegates by UUA President Rev. Dr. Peter Morales and/or UUA Executive Vice President Kathleen "'Kay" Montgomery during the UUA's so-called "Justice GA" in Phoenix AZ next week if you fail to provide credible evidence that substantiates what UUA internet moderators might describe as "unsubstantiated rumors" about me by 6:00pm Monday June 18, 2012. 

Allah prochaine,

Robin Edgar



From: Robin Edgar
To: Marc- André Coulombe
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 11:00:25 AM
Subject: Fw: A Few More Questions Re: Unitarian Universalist Association and al. vs. Yourself

Without Prejudice

Dear Maitre Coulombe,

Since you did not respond to my email copied below, I took matters into my reasonably capable hands and recontacted Daniel Broomfield by phone late last week. It turns out that he had actually sent me an email asking me to contact Pacquette & Associés huissers de justice on Monday June 4th, but his email had been directed into my SPAM folder rather than my email inbox and I had unfortunately neglected to check my SPAM folder for valid emails for several weeks. I made arrangements with Pacquette & Associés to be served by a bailiff at their offices located at 511 Place d'Armes. I now have your original "cease and desist" letter but they did not have your second letter to me which may not require a bailiff to deliver it. I would like to make arrangements with you to collect the second letter and any other documents that you may have for me at this point in time before responding in detail to the contents of your first two letters to me. Please let me know how I may collect your second letter and any additional documents you have prepared for me at this time. I am "out of town" for a few days but can probably pick up documents on Wednesday or Thursday.

There are some points of clarification that need to be made and I don't mind proceeding with one of the most important ones in this email. It will be the only point of clarification that I will deal with until I have collected your second letter to me, which also needs some clarification. As you may be aware, the second purported principle of the Unitarian Universalist Association calls for "justice, equity and compassion in human relations" and determining the Truth, indeed the *whole* Truth, is a very important part of any attempt to obtain, enforce, or create genuine justice. The fourth purported principle of Unitarian Universalism calls for "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning" which lends itself well to genuinely honoring and upholding the second principle of UUism. So please allow me to enter into a free and *responsible* search for truth and meaning of what I consider to be the most serious, and at the same time the most ludicrous, accusation that your client has brought against me.  

In your original letter, your client, the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, alleges that I have made "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape" and goes on to allege that my allegedly "unfounded and vicious allegations" constitute the criminal act of blasphemous libel. Please allow me to paraphrase UUA President Rev. Dr. Peter Morales' "less than polite" description of the corporate headquarters of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, located at 25 Beacon Street in Boston, as a place that "reeks of privilege and hierarchy" in saying that this particular accusation brought against me by the UUA positively reeks of self-righteous indignation and hubris. The way the Association's accusation against me is worded can be readily interpreted as constituting an official and categorical denial on the part of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations that *any* of its ministers have ever at any time committed "such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape". Is this what the UUA is actually saying in this accusation against me? Because I can assure you that most of the people who have seen and read the first letter that you sent to me via email on June 1st perceive these rather questionable words of the UUA to be a self-righteous denial that any Unitarian Universalist minister has ever at any time committed pedophilia or rape.

Please consult with UUA Executive Vice President Kathleen "'Kay" Montgomery, who I am given to understand is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, and who is also responsible for coordinating the UUA's legal counsel (which presumably includes you and Stikeman Elliott LLP at the moment), and ask 'Kay if this "serious" UUA accusation against me is actually intended to constitute an official denial on the part of the Association that any of its ministers have ever committed "such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape". While you are at it you might want to ask 'Kay if she is aware of any Unitarian Universalist ministers who have committed the despicable criminal acts of pedophilia and/or rape. In that she is the person of inherent worth and dignity who is most responsible for coordinating the UUA's legal counsel, and is also involved in the process of handling clergy sexual misconduct complaints brought against "less than perfect" Unitarian Universalist clergy as part of the day-to-day operations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, "'Kay" Montgomery is very well positioned to know about such things. . . If UUA Executive Vice President 'Kay Montgomery acknowledges that a certain number of Unitarian Universalist ministers actually have engaged in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape, regardless of whether or not these "less than perfect" U*U ministers have actually been charged with these criminal acts or convicted of these despicable crimes, then the Unitarian Universalist Association really does need to clearly identify exactly which of my allegedly "vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape" are in fact *unfounded* and identify which The Emerson Avenger blog posts these "unfounded" allegations are published in, as you may recall I asked you to do a week ago in now my email titled 'A few More Questions' dated Monday June 4, 2012, if not earlier.   

There is one other matter that I will attend to in this email. The anonymous "collective authorship" of the 'Robin Edgar Sucks' blog are highly skeptical regarding my claims to have been accused of the crime of blasphemous libel by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) and are demanding proof of this in a blog post titled 'Robin Edgar Served?' It seems that posting an image of the pertinent section of the PDF document that you sent me last Monday is not good enough for these U*Us, nor is my reading the complete text of that document aloud in a few U*UTube videos. I myself, and some of the people who I have shown the print-out of the PDF file to, have had some doubts about whether or not you have actually been hired by the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations. Could you please provide me with some proof that you actually have been mandated by the UUA in this matter? An official letter with UUA Executive Vice President Kathleen "'Kay" Montgomery's signature on it would suffice, but a document with UUA President Rev. Dr. Peter Morales' signature on it would be even better. In the meantime I will most probably post a digital photograph of the actual "hard copy" legal letter that you sent me, dated May 29, 2012, which I picked up from the offices of Pacquette & Associés last week in the hope of proving beyond any reasonable doubt to these and other Unitarian Universalists, not to mention the general public, that I am not "dreaming in Technicolor" or suffering from some kind of psychotic delusion.

That is all for now.

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar 




N.B. I "snipped" the older emails that were below this one in this email string in order to prevent this blog post from being *too* long and to avoid duplication of some emails that were posted to previous The Emerson Avenger blog posts. 

Comments